Steering committee member, Conversations about L.M. Montgomery, 2020–
This initiative consists of a range of virtual events as a way to reach and engage with L.M. Montgomery’s worldwide community of readers during the COVID-19 pandemic, consisting primarily of live events held over Zoom and archived on YouTube.
Curator (with Andrea McKenzie), L.M. Montgomery Readathon, 2020–
For this discussion forum held on Facebook, Andrea McKenzie and I lead group discussions of selected novels by L.M. Montgomery, supplementing each chapter with discussion questions, literary allusions, information about the book’s textual history, book covers, biographical details, and historical context. As of September 2021, the group had over 800 participants.
Director, L.M. Montgomery Online, 2007–
This website acts as a digital supplement to my several books by or about L.M. Montgomery and offers comprehensive resources for Montgomery’s worldwide community of readers. Components include:
- 375 blog entries, including research notes and announcements about new publications and events
- a bibliography of over 5,400 print items, including Montgomery’s books and periodical pieces, posthumous volumes of primary texts and life writing, book-length extensions, scholarship, trade coverage, reviews, and newsletter items
- textual notes comparing the texts of original book editions and recent reprint editions (in progress)
- a filmography of two dozen screen adaptations, cross-referenced with indexes of actors, screenwriters, and directors
- social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter